Friday 4 December 2009

some progress

I swam on Wednesday night, with mixed results...

The positive side is that I managed to swim 50 lengths non-stop, which is a good distance, but they were mostly swum using breaststroke... when I move to front crawl, it feels great, but after just a couple of lengths I am feeling short of breath.... I guess I need to work on both my general CV fitness, and also my breathing... I am trying to breath properly, ie 3 strokes and then breath, and then repeat with breath the otherside... but I may have to admit defeat and breath more regularly, and to one side in the short term.... I hate to admit it, but this is definitely the impact of too many years of smoking... Maybe it will improve with time... I hope so.

Secondly, I went for a run... felt OK (ish), but my legs are noticeably tired... I have a rest day on Friday, so perhaps after another short run tomorrow, things will feel better...

Addendum: Thursday run left my legs feeling just as knackered... lets see how the rest day goes... I don't really have a huge problem with the sore tendon... its there, but not painfully so... this is more a general set of aches and stiffness in my legs... I may need to slip in a second rest day on Saturday... its hard to listen to your body when you feel that you are making so much progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment