Thursday 10 December 2009

swimming progress

Went for a swim last night, and was pleased with the progress....

I swam 76 lengths again, as that is the 1,900m of the Vitruvian triathlon swim... I didn't swim them non-stop, but think that I could have done....

I did however, do a set of 6 lengths of front crawl, several sets of 4 lengths, and then the last 30 laps non stop with with alternating one length breastroke and one length front crawl....

I'm more confident now that i'll meet my goal of 10 lengths front crawl by new years day.... and if I make it, i'm going to set myself the ambitious target of swimming 76 lengths front crawl non stop by 1st Feb

On a seperate note... my legs are still aching... or more precisely, my right ankle, which ironically isn't the one I twisted at the start on November... and this seems to have also caused my left hip to be a bit sore... obviously compensating somewhere in my running style...

I'm supposed to be runing today, but will give it a rest, and then i've got my planned rest day tomorrow anyway... so a couple of days will help a lot...

I wish I had a turbo trainer now, as I could get on that instead.... but xmas expenses mean that'll have to wait until after the festive period

No comments:

Post a Comment