Thursday 10 December 2009

OK... so I couldn't resist

...going for a run, despire saying I wasn't going to....

and I'm glad I did.... It felt OK... a little stiff maybe in my ankle, but no hip pain...

and as I sit here an hour after running, I ache a bit, and maybe I am stiffening up a bit... but no worse than yesterday... ie i'm not making it worse....

For me that implies that I just need to adjust a bit still... keep building the mileage slowly, and take the rest days as they come... no doubt Xmas and New Year will enforce a bit more rest than normal, so that should help me recover completely...

One other question that is rattling around.....

As I build the mileage, should I do so evenly through the week?.... ie, do I keep gently increasing the mileage on all 5 days that I run, or should I start plateauing out on some days, and then using the 'capacity' to develop the long run day a bit quicker (to keep within my 10% increase a week rule)... otherwise sometime in the new year i'm going to be running 9 or 10 miles 5 times a week, which seems a bit excessive...

My instinct is that I should stop increasing the daily runs at about 7 miles, and add the extra onto the Saturday or Sunday run... until that hits 2.5hrs, and then start working on pace rather than distance.... giving me more room to start working on the other disciplines, especially getting on the bike... and perhaps doing a bike-run brick or two...

Any of you old hands care to comment?

No comments:

Post a Comment