Saturday 12 December 2009

ride out

Determined not to run and turn a niggle into an injury, I decided to get on my bike today.... and what a pleasure!

The sun was out, and it was a real treat to get out and ride out into the countryside...

What felt like a comfortable pace turned out to be 15mph, so well pleased with that...

I reckon I need to get some tri-bars though, as when I got my head down low and used the drop bars, I could feel myself moving into a more powerful position and was able to pile some additional speed on...

They'll have to wait... my next acquistion is a turbo trainer... and when I get that, i'll need a small bike computer as well, otherwise i'll not know how far i've ridden... as i've been using a GPS based system so far....

I've abandoned the idea of a VR turbo trainer... they look good, but i've read a lot of feedback that the software is unstable and akward... and so i've found a set of video from Tacx that follow a cycle route, and just advise you when to up the resistance... a poor man's equivalent, but not a lot to go wrong....

No comments:

Post a Comment