Thursday 17 December 2009

good day

A quick blast on the turbo at lunch time, and the ankle felt great....

So good that this evening, I ran again for the first time in a week....

and that felt great too... I ache a little, but nothing too serious...

And as for running in hat and gloves while it snows.... there's dedication for you.... actually it felt absolutely brilliant.... I only ran for 45 mins.... but would have liked to have kept going... that can wait...

Its been quite eye opening how hard this has been on my legs, ankles and feet.... I forget that I am the wrong side of 40, and that what I did at 20 can still be done, but needs a little more care and caution... I've been surprised how easily i've injured myself, albeit nothing too serious... well nothing that a few days of rest hasn't dealt with.... but its good to keep reminding myself that I must take care to build up to my targets gradually, and not JFDI !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment