Saturday 28 November 2009

oh crap!

Today was an interesting experience...... I decided that i'd try an early morning run... everyone seems to rave about the joy of running in the new still day, so it was something that needed checking out...

early(ish) I arose quietly, and slipped out of the house, leaving everyone else still asleep....

and off I set....

Yes.... running at the start of the day is very nice indeed... only I forgot three fairly fundamental things...

1] If you've been asleep all night, you'll probably need a drink before you run

2] If you've been asleep all night, you'll probably need a bit of food for energy before you run

3] If you've been asleep all night, you'll probably need the toilet before you go off for a run

Now, the first two I could cope with... a sligth headache, and perhaps a slight lack of energy... but number 3.... well sadly number 3 was actually a number 2 if you take my drift?

Fortunately i'd decided to run out into the countryside... so after 3 miles I spotted a small copse, into which I plunged, desperate by now, dropped my shorts and got on with 'it'... only it wasn't quite as secluded as i'd like, and at least 3 cars went by while I grimaced with embarassment....

Ah well... lessons learned... and anyway... if Paula Radcliffe can have a pee in the streets of London, why can't I have a dump in the woods of Lincolnshire?

So... feeling somewhat sorry for myself, and having bought a new HD telly yesterday, and sent the kids off this morning with their birthday money to buy new laptops/X-boxes etc etc.... I decided that it was an appropriate time to say sod it.... so I went out to my LBS and bought myself a bike....

Yes.... I have a bike!!!!!

I've bought a Specialized Allez.. very pleased with my decision.... will be going back to collect later today..

Sadly I can't go to collect until it is dark as I have a bunch of 11 year olds to take swimming this afternoon for my sons birthday party..... so it'll be dark by the time I collect it... and therefore any ride will have to wait until tomorrow....

On the positive side, it does mean that today's Triathlon training efforts are looking good.... a good long run... a decent swim, and a ride on a bike (all 10 metres of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment