Sunday 29 November 2009

knowing when to stop

well, apparently I don't....

After getting a bike ride in this morning, I decided that a run this evening was a good idea... despite the sore ankle....

The good news is that after the run, the ankle isn't any worse.... i'm more and more convinced that the soreness is tendon related rather than ligament....

On the downside, it was aboslutely pissing it down, and I came back in from a 3.5 mile run looking rather like a drowned rat...

I was wet through to the skin.... nothing that a shower couldn't fix, but the house is now festooned with drying running kit..... I did have the sense to run in my Nike running tights, which helped as otherwise I suspect i'd have been very very cold.... as it was, with the temperature at 5° I was cool...

Tomorrow i'm going to force myself to slip back to a 10 min/mile pace in order to protect my ankle a bit, and to allow me to extend the distance a little more comfortably.... i'm sure that this pace will feel painfully slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment