Thursday 14 August 2014

rain stops play

With a decent weather forecast, I set up the various bits of wood trim on some old battens in the garden to keep them off the patio, and started varnishing... just half a dozen in, its started to spit with rain, and with more obviously on the way, I had to bail out and move all the trim inside. sahem, as it would have been nice to get the first coat on.. but not the end of the world.

In the meantime, I have ordered the new switch panel. The dimensions proved to be correct, but I did think to add the ships call sign, MMSI and Part 1 number as well... so should look great. I have got all the switches and breakers for the panel, so will get it made up when it arrives in a few days. The only thing I wondered about was lighting, as the switches are unlit, but have come across the following, which I will add if neccessary... http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Motorcycle-License-Plate-Light/dp/B008U0WBKY

Final bits of (good) news... while hunting for something else this evening, I found the missing bit of trim, so now have a full set... result!

No comments:

Post a Comment