Friday 26 February 2010

Brick

After my 8 mile 'triumph' of wednesday night, the legs were tired to start with, but by Thursday evening they felt ok... so I jumped on the turbo.... and wow!... I was flying.... I was holding a great pace, and after 40 mins, had average 17.4 mph.... I know I could have kept going and hit the 16.5 miles in a hour goal, but decided that the goal was there to help, not to hinder, and a better use of my time would be to jump off the turbo and go running... and so I ran for 30 mins...

There is no feeling like a brick run, which is the technical term for a run straight off a bike session..... your legs feel just plain wierd.... they don't work as you need them too... you feel like you are shuffling along rather than running for the first half mile....! It soon sorts itself out in the end though

But... Thursday evening.... I felt like my knee had been run over by an express train....

Here we go again I thought.....

Friday morning, it felt a good bit better, albeit a bit stiff.... but Friday evening as I write... my legs feel GREAT!... I am not going to run this evening... a break is needed... but my legs really really want to go running!.... anyone who runs regularly will know the feeling... its like your legs are full of too much energy!..

Its a great feeling.... the feeling of being fit....

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about icing your knees after your runs? I do this on occasion as a preventative measure and find that it helps. I'm also on glucosamine, but that's another story.

    ReplyDelete