Sunday 14 March 2010

good weekend

Managed to get 40 miles in on the bike over the weekend, which was great...

But, while riding to protect my right leg, my left knee twinged a bit.... with classic ITB pain on the outside of the knee...

I'll try a few things, such as lowering my saddle a little (I raised it a couple of inches recently), and take a look at the cleat alignment on my shoes.. it hurt a little, but not enough to stop me riding, so not a disaster, but clearly, I need to stop this, as it could develop into a problem.

On the positive side, I fitted tri-bars (oe aero bars if you prefer) during the week (another eBay special!) and I got on really well with them. I'd read stories of people finding them very difficult, but I didn't struggle at all, and found the position really quite comfortable... they absolutely help with speed too... I reckon I was at least one MPH faster with them than without...

No comments:

Post a Comment