Next I set about wiring up a cigarette style socket at the chart table. I've bought a couple of those marine style sockets that take a normal connector, but also click and lock ones if wanted.. they also have a decent water resistant cap... wired it up, and I now have a power supply for my iPad at the chart table, all ready for when I install the nice Raymarine wifi enabled system, to act as a secondary plotter and radar display at the chart table... plus every day use for email etc..
Lastly, I did a bit of tidying up of the wiring... a few extra cable ties here and there, just to keep things neat until all the wiring is done, and I can clip it all up properly and permanently.
On the way home, I stopped at Foxes chandlery, and have bought (yet another) tin of matt varnish, so that I can finish the cupboard doors at home, as well as the cable connectors to finish the autopilot, and a 40amp fuse, as it is currently unfused on the high power side (its operated through a relay, so that the switching circuit at the panel is still low current)... and a bargain power connector for the shore power, one of the nice ones with a flap that will be unobtrusive and allow me to make another hole in the cockpit watertight, rather than taped over with gaffer tape!... it was £14 which is very cheap... nice one Foxes!... I needed to do this soon, so that I can finish off the cockpit hlass work before painting.
A few days at home now, back to job hunting, and then perhaps another stint onboard in a few days.