Thursday 14 January 2010

Turbo acceleration!

A great hour on the turbo this evening!

After testing and proving a couple of days ago, that I could get on the turbo and ride without doing my leg any harm, this evening's plan was to ride a gentle hour....

which indeed I did... it was so good to feel like I was working hard again, and to work up a sweat... endorphins rule!

The ride was just at a comfortable pace... not pushing it too hard, and in a medium gear...

So it was a pleasant surprise when I logged the time and distance to realise that it was my fastest pace on the turbo yet....

I am always slightly slower on the turbo than on the road.... and so hitting 14mph on the turbo probably equates to about 15.5mph on the road...

I am working on being able to sustain a steady 17mph... as this is a pace that will help me hit my target for Virtruvian of 6hrs... so still work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment