Friday 27 June 2008

400 not out!

Can't believe i've put 400 entries on here!I must waffle even more than I thought... (and thats saying something!)Anyway.... the remaining chandlery bits arrived.... hoorah...... I ran out of stainless screws.... boo!And i've decided that the rowlocks won't fit.... they are top loading ones, and the fitting is just marginally too wide for the gunwhales.... so I need to get some side mount fittings, and then we are in business.The boat is loaded on the car roof... the bag of bits to fit in the boot.... a quick visit to the chandlery and an hour in the morning, and she'll be done!I still need to work out how to fit her on the davits... so a bit of lateral thinking in the morning, and that'll be it...Only remaining task then is to make and fit a cover to stop her filling with rain water.... in the mean time, i'll hang her sideway on the davits so she can't fill up... I ummed and arred about fitting a bung or a self bailer, but decided to go the traditional route.... a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off and manual labour!Just waiting for C to finish at Sea Cadets, and we'll be off. Forecast looks surprisingly good.So thats 400..... I wonder what adventures and experiences we'll have had by the time 800 come along?

No comments:

Post a Comment