Sunday 22 June 2008

rubbish forecasts!

So the forecast got more optimistic, and the weather got worse!It was grey, raining slightly, and the wind was steadily buildingWe did get out on Saturday for a short sail, just up the river to Pin Mill, which was pleasent enough sailing downwind, but as we turned to head back, into the wind, it was darned cold!So we motored back to the marina, and got on with a few jobs instead...I finally traced the wiring from the batteries to the isolator switches, and mapped it out so that I understand exactly what the switches do, which is about time really!I also installed and fitted a few bits and pieces....I eventually decided that i'd go up the mast and install the windex, but got the secondary halyard (my extra safety line) the wrong side of the spreaders... and every time I reached a spreader, had to untie it, and thread it the other side of the spreader.... as I reached the second set, the wind was rocking the boat, and untying the safety was making me nervous.... and I ended up with (for me an unusal) bout of vertigo and gave up and came back down.... it'll be easier of a warm and windless day (I hope!)So Sat evening, we wandered over to the Shipwreck and had a quiet pint, and then when we got back to the boat, SWMBO produced a rabbit out of her hat!... she'd brought all the ingredients for a Mexican....Before you knew it, she'd knocked up Chicken Fahitas and Tacos.... so I sat there, with an ice cold beer, feet up, eating Mexican, watching the footy after a day of sailing.... life can't really be that bad can it!!!!!!!Sunday saw the wind even stronger, reaching F7, so we idled for a while, and then packed up and came home....With just two weeks to the Pirate weekend, I do believe she'll be ready..... she's busted the budget (which i'd optimistically set at £100), as she'll end up costing £140, excluding the oars.... but still pretty good I reckon for that money!Anyone want to buy a Plastimo 2.7m inflatable?

Miles logged 9nm
Miles this season 321nm
Miles since this blog started 3,258nm

No comments:

Post a Comment