Tuesday 26 February 2008

ST50s and all things nautical

Today, the ST50 compass from BigNick arrived.... best I don't forget to remove the exchange GPS this weekend.... he's a big fella....Sails and cockpit tent sent for repair are ready to be collected...I got a teak binocular holder, a sailmakers repair kit (including a palm) and various other great goodies for my birthday, along with some excellent looking reading matter from the likes of Tristan Jones... plus a set of signal/code flags....Also, I have a lovely pile of vouchers to spend with chandlers.... a pair of decent binoculars, a teak compass holder and a replacement chain to anchor shackle are on the list... and perhaps a few more wooden bungs so that I can finally get round to tying one to each seacock as an example of good practice!On top of all this loveliness, Shotley got back to me today with a super deal for me paying the rest of the annual marina fee now rather than in instalments... a few more quid saved.....I have nothing but praise for the staff at Shotley.... they really seem to make an effort.SWMBO has bought me a terrific camera for my birthday, a SLR style digital with lots of flash functions..... expect much improved picture quality this year.... (well... I can dream can't I?)...So....wahoo..... a few days, and we'll be on board again!

No comments:

Post a Comment