Wednesday 13 February 2008

final details

The launch is confirmed as 25th Feb, so i'll be watching the forecast like crazy for the 1st/2nd March... we may well go down and just stop onboard anyway!i've given up on trying to find somone who sells 32mm water pipe locally.... they only seem to sell 'boy racer' bright blue silcon pipe at £ouch per metre... so i've taken the old bit of pipe, cleaned it up, and I reckon it'll be OK.... just need to but two jubilee clips....Only a one day visit this coming weekend.... polish the final side, clean and polish the transom, and get her ready for a lift back in....I've sold the Icom VHF I removed to a fellow ybw forumite.... so thats going to a good home, and adds a few quid back into my heavily depleted boat pot....Not down the following weekend.... minor event gets in the way.... my 40th birthday party!... good news is that my family have finally sussed me out..... pressy list has been checked in advance to ensure suitability, and includes dress flag set, and liberal quantity of chandlery vouchers.... bless 'em!What do I want to spend this on?.... well I still have a huge list of things I need/want to add.... top of list for 'reasonably' priced goodies is a Navtex, and I also want to add a long length of warp to my existing anchor chain..... got to decide how to attach it.... ideally i'd splice it on... but quite like the idea of having a heavy long warp available for other uses, so may go down the shackle route.... I could cope with the little bit of windlass hassle....

No comments:

Post a Comment