Tuesday 4 October 2011

what order

sat here trying to work out in my head what order to do the major jobs in...

After seeing a picture today of a lovely refit on an EVO25, its quite clear than I need to paint the bilges, but in order to do that I need light, and that requires the 12V to be redone... to do the 12V, I need to get the charging sorted out, so that's a look at the 240V, and a bit of re-routing (currently the live 240V circuit runs in the bilges!!!!)

So... I need to get the engine compartment sorted, recladded, and tidied up to provide a better, more secure and organised home for the charger and wiring...

And then of course, there is all the varnishing to be done below, which needs the old varnish stripping off, so lots of dust... which will make a mess of my nice new bilges, so ought to be done first... for which I need light.... and there, i'm back where I started...

Along the way, i'm going to replumb, but that would be better after painting the bilges...

I also need the boat ashore before too long to remove old seacocks and through hulls, and to get the bilges pumped out and cleaned properly before painting them..

None of this will be easy without an operational fridge, or heating as there will be limited food, and freezing fingers otherwise as I work through the winter...

Sigh.... where the heck to start!

On the positive side, I found a source today of 7' x 4' sheets of 2.4mm exterior grade ply to reclad the engine room (it's currently hardboard over the sound insulation) for a meagre £4 a sheet!!!, so that and some white paint has to be a good starting point... only it'll make the engine look even more scruffy, so maybe I need to get the rocker cover, header tank and heat exchanger repainted.... and off we go in circles again!

So... decision made... this weekend will be recladding weekend... lets see how far I can get in one weekend...

I've also had this grand idea.. currently, the locker in the cockpit just opens into the engine room... great for access, but not much good for storage... so i've worked out a way of boxing it in without losing tons of engine room... I need to take a look this weekend and mull it over a bit, but think i'll still have space for the watermaker and batteries, as well as creating a decent sized (removable) cockpit locker, and not loosing access to the useful cupboards at the back of the engine room. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment