Wednesday 1 April 2009

plumbing

Last night I ordered all the remaining bits of plumbing neccessary to fit the watermaker..... with a need to be able to divert the intake to sea water, fresh water and pickling solutions... divert the brine out over the side or back into a pickiling solution, and the product into a tank or overboard.... and pull the fresh water from the tank (for flushing) via a carbon filter to remove the chlorine..... and with pipes ranging from 1/2" through 3/4", 7/8", 1" and finally 1 1/2" it was a bit of a mental puzzle!

I think I am there.... a big pile of t pieces, hose tails, L-Port valves and jubilee clips are on there way to me...

If they make it before the weekend, then that will be a job to be done... failing that, then there are family commitments on my time, so no trip to Morgana....

Which will be a pain, as we have a major family birthday party over Easter.... (yes I did grumble at the timing)... so no sailing until 18th April otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment