Thursday 9 April 2009

Just catching up

No sailing over Easter :(

This was making me very glum, until I saw the weather forecast..... thats's cheered me up a bit.... its not going to be terrible, but not particularly wonderful either...

We've got family commitments, that I can't get out of..... but on the positive side, we are getting them all out of the way nice and early.... and we'll definitely be on the boat next weekend...

With regards to other news.... my bits to finish plumbing in the watermaker haven't arrived yet... after 8 days.... so I mention it in passing to SWMBO, in the earshot of daughter..... "oh yeah.... they called on Tuesday... forgot to mention it" responds daughter !!!!!!!

So I call them, with all the usual thoughts rushing through my head.... "card has been refused", "don't deliver xyz by post", etc etc.... and then tell myself not to be so daft... maybe they just didn't have a bit in stock...

.... the reality..... the poor sods had their stores broken into the day after I placed my order, and every bit of brass in the stores was pinched...... they're nearly back to full stock, and the bits will be with me by Tuesday next week..... which is fine, as I won't be down on the boat before then anyway.....

They were incredibly apologetic on the phone..... and really quite a pleasant company to deal with..... ASAP is their name.... had several positive transactions with them previously too....

Also had to renew the insurance..... that was £330.... ouch..... and then even more ouch.... the bill arrived for the lift out and back in.... £580..... I know they need to make a profit... but crikey... thats a lot of money for less than an hours work..... other bill that arrived was the quarterly electricity bill...... I don't know if there is an error, but it was £143..... it was cold over the winter, and we did leave an electric heater on board, so its entirely possible that its correct..... but i'll be checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment