Friday 3 April 2009

radar arch

I've spent a bit of time designing the radar arch, and checking it for clearance for a Hydrovane...

Firstly, here's the radar arch in all its glory.

And then, here's the same thing, with the clearances for the Hydrovane layed on.... this is based upon using the 'stubby' vane, and also the L sized shaft..... I may well get away with an M sized shaft, as this is the suggested option for an Oceanis 393, and the 411 suggests and M or an L.... if I can get away with the M, then I may even be able to get the larger vane on.....


The only things I haven't done are check clearance for the pushpit and backstays (I don't expect the backstays to be a problem).... I'll try and add the pushpit later this evening and see how that works.... I suspect that the worst case is that the horizontal bars may need some adjusting....

You'll notice that i've abandonned the idea of integrating with the pushpit.... its too difficult, primarily as the pushpit mounts at the front to the toe rail, and thus would need reshaping anyway, as this wouldn't be a strong enough mount for the radar arch if it is to carry a tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment