Friday 27 May 2005

Busy busy busy...

Well... Lowestoft Looks like its off the agenda... v busy.. with a Dragon class event on.... So been looking at alternative plans.... Sunday we are hoping to meet up with a fellow forum user and his family, to let our respective kids have a charge around. This'll be at Titchmarsh Marina at Walton-on-the-Naze... I've spoken to Walton, and they have 3 groups in, so also very busy.... suspect we'll chance our arm on that one... Saturday, is as bit more challenging... I initially thought about the Deben, but looking at the tides, and given that I'm a fin keel, I would need to go into TideMill (I don't have a tender yet!), and that would mean an 04h30 start to get over the sill on Sunday morning..... nah.... The Ore/Alde is a bit too adventurous for us at the moment... i'll wait until the family can handle the boat a bit better before attempting that one... So my thoughts turn south..... its a south-westerly forecasted, so if we go south it'll be into the wind.... but with warm temperature, and 18kts forecast, that'll be fine I suspect, providing we don't go too far..... We fancy Bradwell, as its a nice distance (about 25nm), so that the target... I've spoken to them, and they don't take bookings either, so optimistically, I suspect that's were we'll be heading.... Tides work well, with 08h00 depart Orwell on Sat morning, and 07h00 depart Bradwell on Sunday....and that should see us out of Bradwell creek with plenty of water to spare, and a decent tide supprted run through the Wallet, to/from Harwich... If I was a little more confident in the crews experience, then the perfect run would be across to Oostende, with the rest of YBW crowd... reaching in 18kts, and 28deg all the way!...ah well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment