Saturday 6 June 2009

Winter work

Looks like this winter's major task will be to replace the standing rigging....

Its been bothering me for a while now, as its 15yrs old, and while showing absolutely no signs of any problems, really is due for retirement....

I may well have the mast down this winter, in which case, it'll be a case of taking the old rigging off, sending it to a rigger, and they'll send replacement rigging back, all via the post....

I'll probably ask them to also convert one of the stays into an inner forestay while i'm at it, leaving the length to be cut by myself, and putting a swageless fitting on....

Cost looks like it'll be about £1500 to £2k if I take the above approach, plus about £100 to get the mast dropped and stepped.... it needs doing anyway, as I want to fit the windex, service the anenometer, and check out all the sheaves etc etc anyway...

Seems a little premature to be planning all this, but the money needs planning for!

No comments:

Post a Comment