Wednesday 2 January 2013

I can't count...

...because there are 24 doors, not 22....

however, 20 of them are now sanded, rubbed back with wire wool, and wiped down with white spirit.... ready to varnish.

They'll need 4 coats, so still a fair bit to be done.

I'd better order the hinges and catches!

I've also just booked a week off work in Feb to get a few 2 person jobs done... C is coming down with me...

list includes:

reseating the stanchions
removing and resealing the bolts that hold the genoa tracks on
and fitting the mast head gear... that is the windex, the tricolour, the wind instrument sender and the VHF aerial... and while i'm at it, I'll try to fit the steaming/deck light

So, plenty to do.... but motivated to keep moving on, or that'll be another entire season gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment