Sunday 8 July 2012

Glass work

More sanding..... Saloon now all back to bare wood up to front of galley, and the galley started... All doors in galley removed.

I then removed the old instrument heads... Good job none of them worked as they were what an engineer would describe as an 'interference fit'.... easily solved with a hammer!

I put a few layers of glass fibre into the old holes and will fill remainder of holes with epoxy/microsphere mix next time... a bit of sanding and then I can fit new instruments.

I do have to repaint the outside, which will mean some colour matching, or may have to put a panel on if I can't get it to match.

Regardless.... another step forward... I reckon two more weekends should see my ready to start varnishing the main saloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment