Sunday 10 June 2012

Productive day

A good day of progress....

I started by getting on with some work on deck.... The state of the varnished woodwork has been a sort spot, so, with the sun out, I decided to start on the dog house... It quickly became obvious that it was a major task, and so with rain forecast for tommorrow, reduced my ambition to doing just one side... And then a single coat of heavily thinned varnish... Pics to follow, but very pleased with results!

I then plugged on with the saloon... well, i say plugged on, but first I needed to remove the saloon table.... just a quick job.... that took me 4hrs... It was a pig of a job entailing drilling out screws and half dismantalling it to get at other fixings... but out it came.

I then sanded and sanded and sanded....

I reckon 2hrs more work and the saloon will be back to bare wood all the way to the chart table and galley...

Lift out tommorrow and the focus must shift to the senders and seacocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment