Sunday 22 April 2007

couldn't keep away

Despite a full set of plans for the weekend, I managed to sneak down to the boat for the day today....I fitted the Battery Monitor, which seems to work a treat.... as with any wiring work, getting the cable through the required gaps and holes was challenging.... eventually done with the aid of a wire coathanger, 3 metres of whipping twine, and a lot of grunting!It popped immediately into life though... and seems to work well...While I was at it, I swapped the GPS repeater and the 'large digit' depth display around, so that the large digit display is now at the helm.... far more sensible for an East Coast boat!... with Raymarine instruments, this was a painlessly easy job.... just unplug the Seatalk cables, unscrew the displays, and swap them over... rescrew, replug, and away we went!The liferaft appears like it will fit on the transom which is good.... I ran out of time to fit it.... but at least its on board now.... so when we hand Full Circle his liferaft back next weekend, we'll still be in good shape... I was nervous about mounting it on the rails, as I have heard several stories of the weight causing stress cracks around the mounting bases...... if I decide it won't go on the stern, then it'll go happily on the coachroof.... which would be an easier option for mounting as the garage cover is a removable panel (although still quite tough), and so would make it very simple to mount to it...I also need to mount the four new fire extinguishers......Finally, ordered 2 more new lifejackets last night.... I figured that with the visitors we keep getting, and have planned, then 2 more good lifejackets is a sensible precaution....Next Friday we are down to the boat, and are planning to head over to the Roach on Saturday morning, anchor in the Roach saturday night, and then visit the pub on Foulness with a few friends... maybe a BBQ on the shore while we are at it... also got the father-in-law along, whom I get on with really well, so should be good fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment