Saturday 27 July 2013

big drills!

A few days ago, someone asked me whether I was still enjoying the work on Phoenix, or whether it had become a chore.... I answered truthfully... that I enjoyed it...

But today, i've had some more sanding to do.... and I've decided that I've had enough of sanding!

Fortunately, its not been the only thing I've been doing.... The new drill bits I ordered for the 22mm holes in the dog house had arrived.... and all 3 are now knackered!

I ended up having to drill from both sides, and while the alignment was pretty close, it wasn't perfect... so I nipped to a DIY and bought a big 22mm masonry bit.... that did it!!!

I then stuck a pipe through each hole and epoxied them in.... this all took me the whole morning...

So, I sanded the inside of the doghouse.... god, I hate that job!!!!

Along the way I removed the second traveller for the staysail and fitted a strong U bolt for the staysail sheet... anything to not sand...

This evening i've cut and sanded the block to mount the deck organiser on.... but too late to start drilling hardwood now....

onwards and upwards... more progress tomorrow with a bit of luck... it still feels like I am moving towards her being ready, rather than yet more dismantling... so all OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment