Tuesday 29 July 2008

oh, and as I forgot....

We sat in the cockpit Saturday evening, watching the stars twinkling, and saw a good few shooting stars.... really clear and obvious ones thanks to the clear skies.......and after watching for half an hour or so, I was even inspired into getting my sextant out and taking a few star shots.... i've no idea what I was doing, and don't have any tables to make the calcs, but I did enjoy a few mins of setting the sextant up properly, and taking a few stars down to the horizon..... and learn't a little about setting it up properly, making sure the reading is accurate (swinging it from side to side for those that know what they are doing!) and generally enjoyed playing with what is a great little toy.... one day i'll use it in anger to get a noon sun shot.....

No comments:

Post a Comment